|resources:||Home Mailing List Installation Source Code Language Packages Members Screenshots|
- [19-09-2012] Version 0.7.6.12 released (details)
- [01-07-2012] Version 0.7.6.11 released
- [04-03-2012] Version 0.7.6.10 released
- [22-01-2012] Version 0.7.6.9 released
- [10-12-2011] Version 0.7.6.8 released
- [02-11-2011] Version 0.7.6.7 released
- [09-09-2011] Version 0.7.6.6 released
- [17-08-2011] Version 0.7.6.5 released
- [30-06-2011] Version 0.7.6.4 released
- [28-11-2010] Version 0.7.6.3 released
- [21-11-2010] Version 0.7.6.2 released
- [04-09-2010] Version 0.7.6.1 released
- [08-07-2010] Last fix for the redirected flag was broken. Next try.
- [06-06-2010] Add TB3.1 support by changing max supported version in install.rdf. Fix redirected flag on shared IMAP folders. Fix illegal chars in install.rdf.
- [18-11-2009] Add Postbox 1.1.x support. Add dutch translation.
- [11-10-2009] Add Postbox 1.0.x support. Add SeaMonkey 2.0.x support. Allow redirecting empty mails. Moved the download link to a separate section.
- [30-09-2009] Fix LDAP autocompletion. Add russian translation.
- [21-09-2009] Add fix to make it work with Thunderbird 3 Beta4.
- [12-09-2009] Added romanian translation to TB3 port.
- [04-09-2009] Port of 0.7.4 to Thunderbird 3 released (not backward compatible to TB2)
- [21-04-2006] Version 0.7.4 released
- [31-01-2006] Version 0.7.3 released
- [16-01-2006] Version 0.7.2 released
- [23-09-2005] Version 0.7.1 released
- [22-09-2005] Version 0.7 released
- [04-01-2005] Version 0.6 released
- [07-12-2004] Version 0.5.1 released
The mailredirect extension for
(version 0.7 and above) and Mozilla Mail client adds ability to redirect one or
more mails to one or more recipients.
Feature of mail redirecting is also known as bouncing.
Extension is an answer for bug #12916
Who wants this extension?
In office environment there is sometimes a need to forward email with original headers to somebody else. If forward or edit as new command is used, headers are very different comparing to original message (other From, Message-Id, Date fields). If you use Mailredirect Extension headers are not changed, so recipient of redirected mail has almost original message. In practice all important headers in redirected message are identical to original one (From, CC, Message-Id, Date).
People who are "sorting" incoming to company emails are the first users
who would like to use Mailredirect Extension.
I think every experienced e-mail user will appreciate Mailredirect Extension.
If above description is not clear for you, take a look to original one.
How it works:
When redirecting email, body and headers are leaved untouched, so fields
like Received:, From:, To: in redirected message are
the same as in original one.
However redirected mail differs a bit from original one. There is added a few new headers: Resent-From:, Resent-To:, Resent-Date:, Resent-Message-Id: and Resent-User-Agent: which allow to identify redirected mails.
For more details about redirecting feature and discussion about it go to bug #12916 page on bugzilla. You can also take a look at RFC 2822 section 3.6.6.
Thunderbird 3.x support
Thunderbird 2.x is no longer supported. For installing the extension on Thunderbird 3.x or newer follow the steps on the installation page. SeaMonkey is supported as well.
If you have any comments, wishes or bug reports contact me by one of following methods: